Sunday, November 22, 2009
Spicy Black Bean Burrito
1/2 can Black Beans
1-2 Cloves Garlic
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup your favourite rice
Sweet Potato Chips:
1 sweet potato
1 tablespoon Oil
Salt and Pepper
1/4 teaspoon of chili pepper
1. Boil 1/4 cup of your favourite rice.
2. Chop up some tomato, and make a quick guacamole with some mashed up avocado and salt, and maybe lemon juice.
2. In a frying pan, fry black beans, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin in some
margarine. Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat. After awhile once it is cooked, add some water and mashed it up with a hand masher. (a fork could maybe do) Add water bit by bit.
3. Once mashed up, fold in the cooked rice.
4. Take a wrap and layer on your black bean/rice mixture.
5. Put guacamole on top, tomatoes, and sour cream.
6. Fold it into a burrito. (http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/techniques/ss/burritofold.htm)
7. Fry in a pan on both sides. I cook the side with the opening first to seal it shut.
Sweet Potato Chips
1. Slice sweet potato into discs.
2. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 chili pepper (if you want spicey chips), and a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Put in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Consider broiling at the end for 5 minutes for more crispyness.