Sunday, November 22, 2009
1/2 Onion (yellow or white)
3 Celery Stalks
2 White Potatoes (skinned and cubed)
1 Broccoli Stalk
1/2 can Corn
10 shrimp (Raw. I use frozen and raw with shells on)
2 cups Milk
1 Veggie Bouillon Cube
Flour (with milk) for thickening
1. Chop onion, celery, carrots and garlic and put it into a pot with some margarine or butter
and sautee. Add some salt to help release the water in the vegetables.
2. After the onions are cooked, or somewhat cooked, add 2 cups of milk, diced potatoes, chopped
broccoli, 1 veggie boullion cube and mix together. Cook for 20 minutes maybe, or until potatoes
3. While it cooks, de-shell and de-tail the shrimp that you have thawed out if needed
4. Make a rue with flour and butter/margarine on medium heat. Cook out the flour, you want a
nutty fragence. 1 minute.
5. Add rue into the soup and stir in, make more rue if it isn't thick enough. Add more milk if there isn't enough liquid in comparison to all the veggies.
6. Add frozen or canned corn, and shirmp. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes until the shrimps are cooked and turn the proper colour. Don't add the shrimp if you want it to be vegetarian.