Homemade Easy Mac N Cheese
Mac N Cheese is a crowd-pleaser for the young and the old. Or at least I know I love it. It's one of those comfort foods that is easy to feed to an entire family, and is also great as leftovers. The other great thing about mac n cheese, is that really any and all cheeses work. As long as one of them is good at melting. So here is how I made mine.
1/2 bag of macaroni
2 cups cheddar cheese (or a huge pile)
1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tbsp flour
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter
1. Boil macaroni in a pot with salted water. And shred a big pile of cheddar cheese.
2. Put some butter in a large pan and melt it down. Slowly add flour bit by bit and mix it in to make a rue. Then add in your milk to the pan and mix with the flour. Once this mixture has mixed together and seems like a sauce, you can start to add your cheese into it to give it more flavour and body.
3. Pour macaronies into a casserole dish, and cover pasta with the cheese sauce.
4. Toast some bread crumbs in a pan in some butter. Make sure all the bread crumbs are soaked with the butter so that they won't burn. Put this crumble on top of the mac n cheese.
5. Cook mac n cheese in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 F. Cover for first half if you are afraid it will burn.